Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I was . . .




This was the first time I ever sat in the corner of the open space on the first floor. It oversaw the vacant housing plots all around the house and the ring road beyond them, buzzing with the perennial flow of the vehicles en route to their destinations. The breeze swayed the trees and soon the clouds invaded the blue sky. In a distance I could see the sky changing its colours as the sun retired for the day. In few minutes it was going to be dark. The cool breeze caressed the skin. I could feel my body reacting to the changing weather as the goose bumps became quite prominent and the hair stood up as if they were in all readiness for a battle. Thick carpet of yellow flowers adorned the path in front of the house. The eclectic mix of colours by the nature can never be captured in their true form without any effluence.






I was slowly losing myself in the warmth of the nature when few memories crossed my silent mind. They started small but created ripples as they passed by. The moments I had spent with her have surfaced. I could feel the ripples gathering momentum. They started to push from within and could feel them moving and pushing other parts of the body to rhyme with them. Within no time, all were orchestrating. Before I could realise, the canvas around me started to blur. No longer were they containable as they found their way out and started to trickle down in a flow. I could not stop them from running down. She could never go out of my mind. I sat there with the thought of being alone, but I wasn’t. I was lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment